Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our Hail Storm in Georgia

This is from my personal blog but thought it was fun to share with you guys up North. We do have our problems with weather also.
Even though it is tax season this to me is blog worthy. Many of my friends who live far away won't believe it. Tonight as I was working the siren's went off. I called home to make sure everyone was okay and John said we are all here but I have to get off the phone we have hail and it is about 2 inches big. It sounds like bricks are hitting the windows and the roof. Russell called Lorraine and she was much more helpful. There has been a tornado warning and it is supposed to be here in 4 minutes and in Peachtree City in 14 minutes. Russell went out to move his car. We turned off all the computers and nothing happened. We were fine. No rain. No wind. No train noise. John called to check on us to make sure we were okay. I said yes nothing happened. He said well we have hail all over the ground and some people have broken windshields.(Sorry Becky) He took this picture as well as a couple of others. I will post more later. My dad has put some of the hail in the freezer and I can't wait to take a picture. John measured it the biggest one the kids found was 3.4 inches. That is some pretty big hail. Mackenzie's quote of the day in a good way because she was excited. Hail! Finally something great happened for winter break.I will post pictures of the hail in my dad's freezer tomorrow.

Update: We have hail damage to our car, Russell & Lorraine are going to need new siding and my mom and dad's sky light is cracked.

2 comments:

Daniel C. Robinson said...

I'm sorry to hear about you hail damage, but at least no one was enjured. when you get right down to it that is all that really matters.
Love Dan, ps does a hailman count in the snowman contest :)

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Yes I think if you can make a hailman you win the competion. Just my own personal thoughts. I'm sure there is hailman in the picture somewhere.