Friday, February 6, 2009

All in the Family

This a picture of Gloyd Robinson on his mission in Michigan, Uncle Gloyd if you read this I want you to Know We all love you, and appreciate the kindness and wisdom you showed to us all. thank you. This a picture of Uncle Floyd and Edsel Robinson, Dear Floyd you must of had a lot of patients to work with my father for so long, But I know he would not have made it without you. We all love you and miss Aunt Edsel so very much

Dr. Phillip Robinson and his lovely wife Rebecca, I never will forget when we were all at the bunk house and how much fun we had when Mike ran the zip line for us. Then later when Rebecca called all Robinson boys to the truck, and there was about 20 of us.

Uncle Robert, and aunt Betty Robinson, I have a lot of loving memories of both of you, but my favorites are of aunt Betty playing the piano for us in there house before it was completed, and sneaking out side and howling like a wolf to scare me and my brothers. We loved to go to there and spend the night when we were down there, not only because her boys were the same age as us but they had real animals. Cows, chickens, turkeys and guinnies . We all love you both very much and Robinson's just wouldn't be Robinson's without you.


Last one, Here is a picture of my father Carl Robinson, when he finally turned 16 and was allowed to start dating. I believe I speak for every one when I say we all love you and mom too, I think I know where I get my sense of humor



I post these pictures today filled with love for every one that sees these, and every one who don't
Love Dan.
Please forgive me if I misspelled any names I truly am sorry.

10 comments:

Daniel C. Robinson said...

To my Dear aunt Rebba Please dont feel left out I had no pictures of you and Bill to post, You are my favorite neighbors in Alabama and I love you both, Rebba you are the only Aunt my wife Loretta had a chance to meet, and I do know how much she liked you when we spent so little time together Easter sunday
Love always Dan.
And I cant imagine the loss of not remembering Glen and Doris when they lived in the trailer next to grandma and grandpas house I always thought uncle Glen was a little stern with me at times but looking back and at my own son Trevor, I now know why. I love you both and all you kids and inlaws and grand kids to keep up the good work.
Love Dan

vicki gardner said...

Dan,
I love the pictures. And even tho I don't like the snow or cold, please keep posting pictures. We need to see if anyone has a picture of Irene. She is the one that I think I probably owe the most to.Her and Gloyd.
Lanice and I were talking one day about them and said that when we used to draw names for Christmas, you always wanted Irene to get your name. Because you knew you would get something she made and it would be special. She was my confidant and friend. And I know that my mom really misses her. But there are times that I feel her around me. And I know that she has protected Scott many times.When he had his wreck, he should not have made it. But he walked away from it with only bruises and scrapes. I told him that Irene was in that car that day.
Taking care of her in her last days here on earth was the hardest thing I ever did, but also the most
rewarding.
And Gloyd. I once told him that when we all died and he was in the
celestial kingdom, would him and Irene come and visit me in the lower kingdoms. Then he said something I will never forget. He said, " what makes you think you can't be there too" Ever since then I think ok, if Gloyd has faith in me, then I need to have more in myself. I am working on it.
I have a LONG way to go. But it is a journey I want to take.
GrandmaVicki

Daniel C. Robinson said...

by the way my email address is rdfiddledee@aol.com

lrm said...

Dan, I really, really enjoy reading your posts and looking at your pictures. I think it's sad that we all live so far apart and don't know each other any more. I think we need to plan a real family reunion this year when y'all come down. What do y'all think?

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Dan

How long will you be down?

Chris Robinson said...

Dan

Those pictures were wonderful, and bring back such happy memories. We are truly blessed as a family. Yes a family reunion is always a great idea!

I had a rough day today, last night someone broke into my car (broke the passenger window out and stole my satellite radio and my GPS) but I thanked the Lord, I was the one who was stolen from instead of the one who did the stealing. Those are just things that can be replaced easily.

PS I am taking donations....please send your dollars and cents... sorry no "checks". I know how those checks get around in our family!!!

Love
Chris

Chris

Daniel C. Robinson said...

I am retired now so when I come down I can stay as long as I want, at least a week, I still have no commitments from anyone other than Becky

Judy B said...

nice job on the pictures dan! glad the others are getting a chance to see our beauty also!! Michigan beauty that is!! and also the wonderful snow!! (that is finally melting somewhat. and i can't wait)

Becky said...

i love them all very much but my aunt Etsel showed me a lot i learned a lot from her i love all of my family

Daniel C. Robinson said...

Is that aunt Etsel, or Great Aunt Estel Hearns you Learned from Becky ? :)