Friday, February 6, 2009

I was in a store yesterday and saw these written on a frame and realized just how true that was.
And you really realize it when they grow up and leave and start having their own kids. I used to think that the "empty nest syndrome " was just a joke. I have found out that it isn't. I know our kids have to grow up and learn and make their own mistakes, but when you are a parent and have made plenty of mistakes yourself, you just want to put them in a bubble , especially the grand kids now. They are so little and so innocent. I want to keep them that way forever. Unfortunately, that is not Heavenly Father's plan.But it sure does hurt to see them hurt. After they grow up , you can't just kiss it and make it all better.
Imagine how Heavenly Father must feel every time we stray. I know I personally have disappointed Him many times, but thank goodness for repentance and forgiveness. And the thing is, even if we stray, He is standing in that door way with His hand out , waiting for us to take hold of it.( I have a lot of work to do on myself.)
I see my grand kids and like I said, I wish I could keep them little and innocent forever. Because I know that times in this existence are only going to get worse. As a parent, all we can do is hope we gave them the firm foundation that our parents gave us. And tho we may stray sometimes, we always come back. Because you can run,but you can never hide from the truth. Some kids did not have the teachings that we did and I don't know how they make it.
Grandma Vicki

1 comment:

Becky said...

vicky!i love your letter you and Danny both make me start thinkin I cant wait two come down there if i had a car i would be there Love you becky