Tuesday, February 3, 2009

An afternoon walk in Farmington Hills

I went to a local park this afternoon to go for a walk and take some pictures, I started my walk at this barn and yes we have barns in Michigan, there for the reindeer herders. This park, (Heratage park) is about a mile from my house.The temperature today was 20 degrees, but it was mostly sunny and very little wind. I was reminded of just how lucky I was to live in this great state. I think we get the best of all four seasons. the seasons are broken to a new season about every three months, some times winters are a little longer so we vacation in the south, usually around march.
We have a nice spring, that happens soon after we get back from our winter vacations. it is nice to watch every thing turn green again and the migrating birds come back to nest and raise there chicks, we have Robins and Cardinals right in our yard, humming birds of all kinds come to the feeders my wife hangs out for them. the Doves and Sparrows are here year round.

In the summer time we have a lot of squirrels and rabbits we also get the occasional raccoon and skunk but they don't bother us if we leave them alone. I seen 1 snake a garter and I caught it, just ask my dad. We have fresh water lakes every where (Mitchel would be in his glory fishing here) not counting being surrounded by the great lakes. The temperatures are never to hot except about a week in August. Then we take another vacation this time to northern Michigan and take advantage of the fresh breezes that come from Canada.

In the Autumn the temperature drops slowly and the fall color change here is second to none. I can say all this because I don't have to get out in the cold morning weather and spend a half hour clearing ice from my car so I can get to work, and after a good snow it can take hours to go 15 miles. you see here every one waits until the last minute to go anywhere then we rush to get there and how dare these people get on my road. Well I hope you all enjoy my pictures as I did enjoy taking them. one other thing while I was on my walk I spotted a Nissan, the things we see when we don't have a gun. Just kidding I think America is the Greatest country in the world we can buy what ever we want, a lot of countries you cant do that. And besides Joseph Smith was born here and brought us the book of Mormon another testament of Jesus Christ.
TTFN: I hope to see some of you at Easter, Love Dan

6 comments:

Daniel C. Robinson said...

when I was a child and we were all living at home I cought a garter snake, My father was napping on the sofa and my sister Judy talked me into puting it on my dads chest, my mom woke my dad up and when he seen the snake he freeked out and immeditally came after me, when he got up he slipped on a bananana peel which only made him madder. I wont tell you what happend to me when I was caught because I wouldnt want to ruin how you feel about my father. this is a true story, you can ask any one in my family even my dad but he will tell you it didnt bother him.

vicki gardner said...

Don't feel bad, I once caught a black water moccosin snake. I was about 10 I think. I was on vacation at my Granddaddy Curlee's in Ala. I had taken a girlfriend with me,Kathy. Well, they had a goat. You know the old saying that you can feed a goat anything. So we did, but the stomach busted open and he died. My granddaddy buried it in the wooods. So Me, Kathy, and Russell went to find the grave. Well, Russell had to pee so he went into the woods a little bit and then yelled for us to come look/ We did and it was a little bitty snake. I got a stick and put it on it and we went to show my granddaddy. He had a big fire going in the back yard and when we showed him the snake, he threw that snake into that fire so fast. It was the only time I can remember him ever being mad at me. Come to find out it was a baby water moccasin. And where there are babies there are momas. We didn't know. But I do now. Ever since then, I have stayed away from snakes.
I love the pictures. It looks pretty but very cold. And I am not coming to Michigan until Carl can find his own car. Let me know when that happens. And hurry up and bring Becky down here. BecauseI think I am going to go back with her. If she comes when it is warm up there.
And I too am glad that I live in this country. And I am glad that I was born into a wonderful family that is full of love and support and that had the gospel. And I am glad that I was born into the Robinson clan. They really are one of a kind of family. You just don't see that many families that are as close as us. Heavenly Father really does know what He is doing.I heard a song today and I posted it on my blog but I will put it here too.
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. If He doesn't
answer, it doesn't mean He doesn't care. I thought about for a while, and it is true.
Well that is all the wisdom I have at the moment so I will go
Grandma Vicki saying,
talk to you later

lrm said...

I'm so glad you live in Michigan, too, so you can send us those beautiful pictures of snow and tell us about the cold. I do not want to see it for myself. No offense. I don't like the 4 weeks of winter that we get in Alabama. I like the rest of the year when it's warming up, hot, then cooling down, but not when it's cold.

Maybe I'll make it up to Addison while you're here in March this time.

Linda

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

How beautiful. I wish I were there just for the weekend. I love the pictures. You have a talent. Love the Nissan/gun part. Keep posting. Do let us know when you are coming because we are going to make sure we are there.

Judy B said...

Danny for some reason iam glad iam not with you when you find those beautiful snapshots,, because i just bet you are not smiling when you go out and get them!!! and as i have said before , I have had enough of cold freezing mornings and would you believe that we are here in Disney and it was 47 today and we still found the cold!! so guess it just wants me to get plenty of use out of my coat!! well iam. nice pic's anyway,, and yes i Like my state with all the seasons too!! c-ya soon love ya too, Judy

Daniel C. Robinson said...

I walk 3 miles in this park every other day rain or shine I just dress for it. some times only my eyes are showing and others im in cut offs. The deer are tame in this pakr I will try to send you all some shots of them but I usually see them around sun set.
Judy I see you dont want to fess up to making me put the snake on dad, lol