On Sunday I watched a show on msnbc, about pajoria,( I am not sure of the spelling) a disease that make children age really rapidly. These kids usually don't live longer than about 13-15. It was about Seth Cook. His aunt works with Tom at the motel and he used to come in and visit when he came for vacation. Tom said that he was a cutie and smart and had the best attitude and laugh.
On the show, they followed him through the years. They have reunions for these kids once a year and usually Seth was in charge. There are children all over the world with this disease and although there is no cure, there has now been found the gene that carries it.Seth and his family enjoyed life. He learned to shoot a rifle, (better than I could have), he went hunting with his dad and really just enjoyed life. He even went rafting.
At one point in the show, he said that he could not wait to get to heaven. I know that when he does, he will have reached the celestial kingdom, hands down and that his body will be a normal and healthy one. Anyway, at the last reunion, he was the Emcee. He and his mom. He would ask him mom questions about how she coped with his disease and other things. He was dressed in a tuxedo and was totally amazing and I felt so humbled and realized that my trials were nothing and that I should never, ever feel sorry for myself again. I also thought about my grandchildren and how lucky we are that they are all healthy.
Anyway, right after the reunion,Seth got his wish, and returned back to Heavenly Father and the world is so much better for have had Seth and other children like him in it. I think that they could teach us so much about life and how to enjoy it.
The point of all this is that I cried like a baby and realized how grateful and lucky we are in our families. Becky, I know you have a grandson with cerebral palsy. I hope that you and your family enjoy life with him and I wish that the rest of us could get to know him. Please post on the blog about him and his life and pictures too. We want to get to know him. I know that I do. Remember life is fragile and is so short here on earth. So we need to enjoy it and embrace it and all the imperfections we have.
Like Joseph Smith was told, our trials in life are but for a small moment ( however my moments and Heavenly father's are a little different) and that they shall be for our good. And I have a wonderful book, Making Sense of Suffering, and it explains that all the trials and suffering we have is but a gentle gift from God. And that sometimes we don't need to pray for the trial to be lifted, but that we will be given strength to endure it. So that is all I ever pray for now. To be able to endure it and endure it well. I admit though, that I fall short a lot of the time.
But I continue to pray for that.
All my love,
Grandma Vicki
No comments:
Post a Comment