Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Food Supply

I once had a years supply of food. It was when I got divorced from my ex. If not for that food supply Ryan and I would have had an even harder time than we did. But I did not have to worry about feeding my 2 year old.
Unfortunately, I have been rally lax in that area but I plan on having at least a 72 hour kit for Tom and I.
Anyone out there that wants to see who can reach the goal first come on board. I am game if you are.
grandma Vicki

Betty, you and Michael are exempt because I know you already are prepared, In fact, Tom and I plan on coming to your house if things get any worse. I figure that since Tom is a butcher by trade, we can live on mom's land and will get a few cows, and pigs and chickens and lots of jars to can. We both know how to garden. In fact, I love my house, I just wish it had a back yard with lots of sun so I could grow a garden. Tomatoes are our specialty.
Grandma vicki

2 comments:

Daniel C. Robinson said...

You will be my neighbor Vicki, I started my food storage right after I got married, my wife thought I was insane. It wasnt until about a year ago that she told me it was a good idea, (like I though of that by my self) We finnaly have close to a year supply but are still working on toiletries and medical suplies we hope to be there soon.
Love Dan.

vicki gardner said...

You got it. I will gladly be your
neighbor. We have started on our 72 hour kit and I try to buy at least one extra can of food to put in the food storage. Just doing tht once a week and you will be surprised at how much you can get.
You never know when you may need that food storage and water. I know if I had not had it when i got divorced it would have vbeen very hard on me and Ryan.
Hope to see you soon. Becausse I am looking forward to going back with becky.And then I can get to see everyone.
Grandma Vicki