
Sorry we missed Carolyn's birthday January 6th. Carolyn was the daughter of Floyd and Etsel. She was one of the funniest people in our family. I know that we each have a memory of Carolyn and hope that you will share it here.
I have a family here on Earth They are so good to me!
13 comments:
Caroline was definitely one of the best.I remember when Caroline had some teeth made for her. She threw thm across the room./ Since I now have the "pleasure" of them , I know why she did.
And she never did anything wrong./ SHe always said "not me". She loved Junior mints and pop.
But the best thing I remember about her was that she always had lots of rings and was always goingto get married. Irene made her a wedding dress from some lace material I sent and it was beautiful. Caroline, I hope that you have found your prince. You deserve it.
We love you and miss you
Vicki,Tom, Ryan Scott and I am quite sure that you have met all the new little angels that have come to be in our families.
I miss you
Vicki
I remember caroline living close to us when we were kids. I also remember the name of her boyfriend Leroy. she would walk to our house sometimes not a very far distance by herself when I could not find there house. she sure was an angel
Carolyn's birthday was January 6th and we all certainly miss her. She was the best sister anyone could ever hope for. She taught me so much about living, and how she knew everyone and they were always her friends. Everyone has a Carolyn story, she hung me out the window when I was two years old and I used the "bathroom" in her brand new boots!! Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and we all still "talk" like her. Everytime you asked Carolyn how she was, you always got an answer we can all learn from she always said "me great"! I think about how great it must be for her to be whole in heaven now, and what Mom, Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Irene, Aunt Mildred, Uncle Kenneth and her must be talking about. I love you and miss you Carolyn.
Your brother
Chrissssyyyyy
As has been said, we all miss Carolyn...we all loved her and we all learned a lot from her. But, if we could learn to love everyone as Carolyn did,unconditionally, we would all be much better off. Carolyn was a very smart person.
Doris's favorite "Carolyn story" is after they moved to Cullman, We spent a lot of time with them. either at their house or ours. But once, we were visiting them and Carolyn had the movie "Forest Gump" which I had not seen. I asked Carolyn if I could borrow it , take it home and make a copy of it. We all know Carolyn was very possessive of her things, so she said she would make me a copy of it, and I would not take it home with me. I told her,"You can't do that, you don't know how." She said "Yes, me can". We talked on for a little while, then she wandered off into her room. About an hour later she brought me a piece of paper and said "here, this for you." I looked at it and she HAD MADE ME A COPY OF FOREST GUMP. She had copied every word that was on the cover of the movie case. Needless to say, I didn't bring the movie home with me, but I still have my "copy of the movie."
Another time, we were visiting them in Michigan and Etsel told us They would not let her have her rings...she was being punished for something, so they took away something she really liked. They had them hid and she could not find them. Floyd and Etsel had to go to the store, so Caroly stayed there at the house with us. She watched them as they went out the drive way, then said wait, me show you. We didn't know what to expect. She was gone about a minute, then came back with her rings and showed them all to us. Later,When she them coming back in to the driveway, she ran and hid them and said"SHH, DON'T TELL!! I think she knew where everything in the house was.
I also remembered last night that Caroline once flipped my dad over her shoulder or so the story goes.
Chris, that was a wonderful tribute to a wonderful sister, cousin,daughter, and friend to all.
She loved everyone. If everyone could love like she did, there would be no war. I know that she is happy now and enjoying all of our loved ones that have gone before us. Especially Irene.. I think they always had a special bond.
Thank you
Vicki
p.s.I ain't writing no more until it warms up. I have gloves on writing this.
I remember at Our wedding reception, I had the opportunity for one dance with My Bride. halfway thru the dance, I walked Sandra over to Carolyn and took Carolyn out to the dance floor to finish Our dance together, at Sandra request. Carolyn started to cry and said, "Me happy now" I will always remember the love carolyn shared with Me.
Terry
Sandra said,
knowing carolyn is a blessing to us all. there is not one particular story that is above another.
one time, Marianne and I took her to eat and carolyn started whistling and waving at the boys in the next car, saying " Him cute!" and then denying she said it. whether she would pass gas and yell "crack it!" and all the windows would have to be rolled down no matter how cold it was outside or her saying, "rattlesnake!, Me call it!"
when she was calling you a name, or the time Marianne and I sang silent night to her and she had tears in her eyes saying Me cry.
and when she would come to spend the night at My house she would always have to spend the night with Me.
I am truly blessed to have had kunna moona in My life, and even tho I know that she is made whole now with no "deformities", I pray that when I die Heavenly Father will allow Her to call Me by the name which I have always heard her call Me, "Sanittt"
Sandra
I belive that Carolyn is a very special soul that did not have to suffer the trials of this earth life that the rest of us do, and that she is blessed beyond what we can imagine. I think about her a lot and the things I learned from her. It was always amazing to me how the tiniest gesture would mean the world to her. I think she, more than the rest of us, understood how to live, to love and to be truly happy with those tiny gestures and what they meant. I don't think she ever felt 'underpaid', or like she deserved more or better than she got - she was always happy with what she had and who she was. What more could any of us ask for?
And she was fun. I miss her.
Linda
we all have favorite stories and memories ,thats for sure.. particularly with ole Leroy... and can not forget the .. fffff j fffj remember those days very well love ya Carolyn. and everyone one sure enjoyed yor visits.. Judy
oh ya that was brenda teaching her to type,i remmber when i was there and phillip went to the store to get hot dog buns and she locked him out he got the latter to get in the window and she puled it down on him , she loved to come to our house and get moms white wig and dresses we let her do what ever she wanted, she loved it, she allso loved pictures, lipstick i can go on i miss her so much!!!!!!!!!!!becky
the one thing i remember about carolyn was we used to fight over Elvis all the time. We would go back and for "he's my boyfriend" "no he's my boyfriend". it was fun. i def miss arguing with her. and i loved spending the night with her and playing video games! she was so much fun and she made me laugh all the time. Love you Carolyn!!!
At Marks swim party every one missed her. looking at pool ther she was in (I cant rember who owned them ) but she had went around and found a pair of boxer shorts and she was having a ball
Post a Comment