Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Ships wheel
My wife Loretta bought this ships wheel at a flea market up north by her mothers house, It was made from white pine. We brought it home and took it apart. after hours of sanding and replacing the center hub with one I turned down from a solid chunk of brass, we stained it and added the rope to make it look more authentic. That is me behind the wheel, not the skipper from Gilligans Isle. lol Every time some one sees it they ask so I just wanted to show you just one of our hobbies, making things (at least to our eyes) better. as soon as the rope ages a little more this will hang on our wall by some pictures my wife took under water.
2 comments:
Im sorry I posted this on the wrong site, I thought I was posting to my personal blog. but never the less here it is. I hope you enjoyed it.
Danny! your living room and dining room.looks like your on a island with all the ships. it is very nice I love it.soak
Post a Comment