I remember her well. And Iam sure my mom and the rest of my family does too. Alittle on the wacky side and i think i was a little scared of her. Also where is the purse and what about the pearls? I do remember that prt for sure.. what about everyone else? Judy
I could not wait to get back to pats house she was not mean she all ways gave us some pop beads i now she loved us .Judy you or Vicky tell your real story it is funny
Judy you forgot the big flowery hat,she always wore when she came to Michigan. And I still have my bank book where she started us bank accounts with 5 dollars. she also gave us all a quarter when she came over, it was enough for a bag of chips and a coke back then. We were all afraid of aunt estelle, but it was unjustified she loved us all, and now knowing of the loss of her only child a son named Shelton it is quite sad I was'nt nicer to her, but I was young and scared. I remember the chickens on her front porch, she would catch one and kill it and cook it, none of us would eat it we would wait until we were back at Aunt Mildreds and Uncle Hargus house and eat the chicken Mildred cooked she bought chicken that was born dead so we would eat it, she probably killed the chickens the same way but at least not in front of us. I have a lot more memories of good ole aunt Estelle but limited space I will add more later
Ok, you asked for it. Once, me and Judy were at Pat's and then we had to go to Esetles. But we decided to take a walk because the inside of her house scared us and so did she.Well,wefound one of her stills(Which is how she got rich by bootlegging} Anyway, we decided to be "big Girls" and drink some. That stuff never even made it past my throat, it was the hottest worst tasting stufff I had ever tasted.Judy drank all of hers as I remember it. Come to find out it was white lightening.For all you that are considering drinking that stuff , talk to me first. IT is nasty. Okay are all of you satisfied now. Grandma Vicki Hurry up and get down here. I need company. Grandma Vicki
If you would like to be an author please send my mom an email to dk48@comcast.net. Please let her know who you are and we will send you an invitation. If you have a blog please let us know so we can add it to our blog list.
Simeon & Geneva Robinson
How it all began
Just A Note
This is a blog of who we are, were we came from and where we are going. For your intial post please tell us a little about yourself. Feel free to write whatever you want whenever you want.
6 comments:
I remember her well. And Iam sure my mom and the rest of my family does too. Alittle on the wacky side and i think i was a little scared of her. Also where is the purse and what about the pearls? I do remember that prt for sure.. what about everyone else? Judy
I could not wait to get back to pats house she was not mean she all ways gave us some pop beads i now she loved us .Judy you or Vicky tell your real story it is funny
I wonder what happened to that pony she gave me??
Hey, i know what happened to it,She gave it to me!! lol and so on and so on...... Judy
Judy you forgot the big flowery hat,she always wore when she came to Michigan. And I still have my bank book where she started us bank accounts with 5 dollars. she also gave us all a quarter when she came over, it was enough for a bag of chips and a coke back then. We were all afraid of aunt estelle, but it was unjustified she loved us all, and now knowing of the loss of her only child a son named Shelton it is quite sad I was'nt nicer to her, but I was young and scared. I remember the chickens on her front porch, she would catch one and kill it and cook it, none of us would eat it we would wait until we were back at Aunt Mildreds and Uncle Hargus house and eat the chicken Mildred cooked she bought chicken that was born dead so we would eat it, she probably killed the chickens the same way but at least not in front of us. I have a lot more memories of good ole aunt Estelle but limited space I will add more later
Ok, you asked for it. Once, me and Judy were at Pat's and then we had to go to Esetles. But we decided to take a walk because the inside of her house scared us and so did she.Well,wefound one of her stills(Which is how she got rich by bootlegging} Anyway, we decided to be "big Girls" and drink some. That stuff never even made it past my throat, it was the hottest worst tasting stufff I had ever tasted.Judy drank all of hers as I remember it. Come to find out it was white lightening.For all you that are considering drinking that stuff , talk to me first. IT is nasty.
Okay are all of you satisfied now.
Grandma Vicki
Hurry up and get down here. I need
company.
Grandma Vicki
Post a Comment