Hello Family,
For those of you who don't know me, I am Kevin. I am sure you have heard of me. I am Paul and Brenda Turners oldest (and best looking) son. ha ha I currently work offshore. I am the Chief Engineer on a dive boat. I look forward to hearing from you. Kevin-
5 comments:
HI KEVIN
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BE IN CULLMAN?
Welcome to the blog world. It will be fun to hear all about the stange and wonderful adventures of your life offshore.
Ahoy Capt.,
Good to hear from you.
Can't wait to hear all about the swash-buckling tales of life on the sea as a pirate diving for treasures. Okay so maybe that was Jack Sparrow's blog but it still will be fun to hear how things are going. I can't wait till Doug reads your post. I feel a little competition coming. Should be good.
Just looked up swashbuckler. The word "swashbuckler",describes a fearless romantic archetype, adventurous, sword-wielding, male character who seeks to win the heart of a beautiful lady while rescuing society from the clutches of a dastardly villain. A classic swashbuckler exhibits exceptional courage and swordfighting skill, a strong sense of honor and justice, a chivalric romantic sense, and the capacity for wit, style, and resourcefulness under pressure. (Definitely the wrong blog. LOL)
We are getting so excited for our sight seeing tour. Do you think it will take one hour or two? Oh I meant days.
Hello Kevin my wife and I both scuba dive, what boat are you on?
Hello all, I will be in Cullman on Thanksgiving. I will be swashbuckling the whole time I am at home.
I work from midnight till noon everyday while I am at sea. I get to do alot of fishing while I am at work. Hey, they pay me, so why not? I caught 4 Red Snapper the otherday, a barracuda, a white trout and 2 ramoras ( the sucker fish you see on sharks). I have the most fantastic view from work. I dont think there is an office on land that competes ha ha. My boats name is the "Mr Fred". It is 180 ft long (120 ft shy of being a ship), 35 ft beam and I draught 10 ft of water. It is a 569 ton vessel. My job is to make sure we stay afoat and perform all maintenance, refueling and keeping potable water on board. We carry 40,000 gal of fuel and around 60,000 gal of water. It is made of steel. It is amazing we even float at all ha ha. We are a 4 point anchor boat. we carry 4 anchors (7000 lbs each). Our boat is a dive support vessel. We run commercial divers to the oil platforms. They perform inspections, welding ops and generally fix anything that breaks or wears out on the platforms. I normally work 28 days and then I am off for two weeks. Its a great schedule.Now the drawbacks. I will miss Christmas this year. I will be at sea. Just how the schedule works out.
I will keep everyone updated with my sea adventures. I was at work during Hurricanes Gustov and Ike. Now Tina Turner and I have two things in common. We both survived Ike lol. Gustov wasnt bad. Ike was! I have pics of the wind meter at 100 mph. We were 45 miles from the eye at Port Aurther,Tx. There was 6 ft seas running across the dock. The boat broke our moring lines at the bow and midship. Our stern line and 1 anchor kept us from getting blown off the dock. It was an amazing experiance. Nobody could take thier eyes off of what was happening outside. It was just unbelievable. When it was over, I cant begin to explain the damage. When I figure out how to get pics in my blogs I will post them.
I plan on taking my Captains test in January or February. The engine room is hot and the bridge has A/C all the time lol.
Well, I must go for now. Thank you for the replies.And Delores, it will only take 1 to 2 minutes to see Cullman if we drive real slow. Love you guys and talk to you later, Capt. "swashbuckler" Neb-
Post a Comment