Monday, December 8, 2008

Ryan and Angela Smith


We are Ryan and Angela Smith. Ryan is Vicki Gardner's oldest son and also Reba Curlee's oldest Grandson. He is the reason that William Curlee is called Paw Paw.
Ryan is an Account Executive for a parent company to Dish Network . He has a degree in Art Education. Angela works as an administrative associate for the county. She supports the Purchasing division daily operations, reporting and stuff.
They met when, "I saw a picture of Ryan while looking through pictures of my brothers birthday party. Ryan is my brothers wife's step brothers best friend. His name also is Ryan. :) Anyways, I said I thought he was good looking and asked her to find out how I could meet him. She,my sister in law, talked to her step brother who gave Ryan my email. I hadn't heard from him, and it had been about a month. I got tickets to the Beastie Boys concert and told her to tell Ryan B. to tell Ryan Smith that I would like to take him, well a couple days later Ryan emailed me and said he would like to go to the concert with me. I asked if he wanted to meet me 1st or was he so in love with me that it didn't matter what I looked like.....We ended up meeting before hand, but...thats the story..."
We got married in April of 2007 in Grandma Curlee's front yard. It had been very warm but that weekend there was a cold front that moved through.
Angie's favorite thing to do is sleep and Ryan is an advid sports fan. He likes to play sports, talk about sports and watch sports. He can tell you every stat for every sport.
This year we had a beautiful baby boy. His name is Hunter William. William after both of his grand-fathers. He is the joy of our lives now.

7 comments:

Judy B said...

Hello,And nice to meet you,,as your mom talks about you often,,,Such a nice looking young man you have there too,,(Hunter is who iam talking about) lol I can see that he is the joy of your life,

vicki gardner said...

Is that baby not the cutest baby with the absolutely most hair ever.
He is the joy of their lives and the apple of my eye.
I am so glad that ya'll posted a comment, since all I do is talk about Hunter and you and Ryaa. I was really disappointed when I got sick and could not go to ga to babaysit him. But PaPaw made lots of pictures for me.Do NOT cut his hair. I have got it figured out that he is a present day Samson. He gets all his strenght from his hair, so we have to keep him away from women and scisssors.
However, when he becomes a teenager, I am sure there will lots of girls in his life.
This is Grandma Vicki saying
I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

vicki gardner said...

For all you women out there that are grandma's, did you act as crazy as I am. My kids and now their kids are my life along with my husband Tom.
Grandma Vicki saying,
I will see you at Christmas

vicki gardner said...

I know,ya'll are going oh no another one from Vicki.I promise to make this short.
Ijust wanted to say that the day that Angie married Ryan may have been cold, but it was a beautiful
wedding. And Ryan looked so happy.
I had waited a long time for that. Angie is perfect for Ryan. And they love each other so much.And they love that little "big" baby.
And Scott and Kris had beautiful wedding day too. Scott was so happy that he started crying even before they got to the sealing room.I am now waiting on Scott to provide me with another grandbaby.
then I will have 4 grandkids.
Grandma Vicki saying
Have a very merry Christmas

Judy B said...

Well Maybe just a little more than you!!! I can say to you all too, I sure love my boys and the partners,alot they are my life, but when it comes to Little Lauren,She (did i say She) is the Brightest Star in My eyes....and then there is dear Hubby Frank, who without him by my side I couldn't of had my good boys ,,, so thats how i feel bout my family so Vickie to thnk you got the best haha,,, move over baby,,,, Love ya Judy

Becky said...

and for me i think i got you all beat on grand kids.i have 13grand kids and 3 great grandkids and another on the way and i love them all.and im ready to run lol

vicki gardner said...

Ok Judy and Becky, I defy you to find a baby that is only 5 months old and looks like a one year old. Plus he has got at least 2 pounds of hair. Ryan, his daddy had lots of hair, but Hunter beat him. I guess we all just love these little ones, even tho we know that they will grow up and probably break our hearts once in a while, but we love them with all our hearts and that sometimes is enough. Because no matter what, you never stop loving them.
There's an old saying that when they are little, they step on your toes, and when they are grown, they step on your heart. But I really can honestly say that my boys have never stepped on my heart. Just the opposite. Ryan is 33 and Scott will be 27 on Dec 23. But they still always tell me that they love me and they are not afraid to hug me in public. And they have always known they can tell me anything, that we can always talk. I could go on and on about those boys but I will shut up about them now. I got grandbabies to concentrate on now. Anmd Christmas I get to see Hunter and watch him have his very first Christmas. Of course we all know that he will have more fun rooting in all the Christmas paper and stuff than playing with anything.IN fact, I think I am going to wrap up a box with nothing in it but Christams paper and give it to him.
Sorry, but gotta tell this story. When Ryan was little, 6-7 I had to get a new refigerator. I put the empty box out side and Ryan and his friends played with that box until it finally tore apart.So just give them all a box and they will be happy, that is if they are little. The older they get the more $ involved.Then you just cross your fingers and hope for the best, oh yeah, and you PRAY A LOT.
Grandma Vicki saying,
I love you all and hurry up and get down here, because I am bored and need company. Sorry I can't come up there now, but it is too cold for me and my bones, give me until the spring time, and I might just surprise you.
Merry CHristmas to you all and tell Gracie and Carl, that I said hi.