Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Jenny Curlee


My name is Jenny Curlee. I'm Russell and Lorraine's oldest and one of Bill and Reba's grandkids. I went to BYU and got a degree in English. My favorite things to do are read, watch movies, and take pictures. I'm currently working as an English teacher in Shikoku, Japan--the least toursity place of Japan, but it's a nice place to live. Very country-like. I have an awesome little blue bike with a basket that I've fallen off of and crashed (very minor crashes) a couple times (I was never a very avid bike rider at home) but I've finally mastered riding with only my left hand. Unfortunately, I can't text or talk on the phone or hold an umbrella while riding like the Japnese people do. I also have an awesome little white car, a Daihatsu Midget, that's built for 1 1/2 people and doesn't always start the first time. It has AC which was nice in the summer, but there's no heat. I'm trying to brush up on my Japanese by reading. I'm trying to read Twilight but I may switch back to Harry Potter. It's easier. I live by myself (and love it) on the 4th floor of an apartment building with no elevator next to a really awesome meat resturant that I usually eat at once a week.

5 comments:

Robinson Reports said...

Welcome to the blog. Can't wait to learn about Japan

Judy B said...

Very nice to meet you...Sounds like your enjoying your life right now and yes it will be nice to learn about Japan...

Judy B said...

also Happy Thanksgiving to You...

vicki gardner said...

Jenny, I want one of those kimonos.I don't that is the right spelling but you know what I mean,
Soundslike you are haveing fun. But how do you get over the homesickness.I am only one state over and it just about kills me sometimes.
Grandma Vicki sayig,
Merry CHristmas

Becky said...

when will you be back to the states looks like your having a good time you have a merry christmas