Tuesday, November 4, 2008


Hi All! Rosemary signed up for this early and I am just getting around to it. Just an update on our middle son (Chris). He did take the LSAT and scored pretty well, but thinks he can do better so he will be taking it again in December. He scored well enough to get into most law schools but is hoping to get some scholarship money (Rosemary and I are REALLY hoping he gets some). He said that he thought he could do a couple of points better based on some practice and sample tests he had taken and every point is huge when it comes to scholraships.
Now a little about me. I started riding mountain bikes a few years ago to get a little exercise and I just can't get enough of it. I ride when I can but with all my other commitments it just never seems to be enough. I usually get to ride a couple of times a week during the summer but was really busy this year and didn't get to ride as much. I had a goal of 1000 miles this year, but am sitting around 700 and probably won't make it. It gets dark so early now I don't ride after work, and Saturdays are almost always booked. Rosemary and I are going up to Gatlinburg next week and I may take my bike up and try to ride at TSALI one day. A very nice trail around Lake Fontana (pic attached)

I still travel with my job but not nearly as much as before. Since the middle of July I have only been out of town about 10 nights. Of course I am in Jackson, MS now and will be here the rest of the week so I just never know.

Good to read all of the blogs here. I hope everyone will keep posting because it is great to hear what all is happening in the extended Robinson family. Thanks to Clayfrogger for getting this up and going.

Larry

6 comments:

Robinson Reports said...

Welcome to the blog. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Larry! didn't know you were doing the mountain bike thing! once I lose some more weight, maybe we can ride together some. I love riding.

Terry

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Larry,

Good luck to Chris. What a smart kid. I hear you when it comes to scholarship money.

Mountain biking. I love the picture and what a peaceful ride that would be. Have fun in Gatlinburg. Even 700 miles of biking is a lot. Can't wait for you to post what your final mileage was.

Daniel C. Robinson said...

Hi Larry got a 16 speed mountain bike here, you can have it to much work for me

Anonymous said...

16 spead? I didn't know they had 16 speeds, last time I rode, they were still using 12 speeds.

Larry said...

Well, my bike has 27 speeds but I only have one (SLOW). Really there are three sprockets on front and 9 on the back giving you 27 possible combinations but several of those overlap. There are really only about 15-16 usable combinations and I generally ride use only 3 or 4 of them.