Sunday, March 8, 2009

F.Y.I.


Today I heard a story that has made me want to leave this post for all to read. I don't want to repeat the story because it isn't mine to share but I want to encourage each of you to try and start buying 5 extra cans of food each week to help build up a little extra food in your pantry and a can opener. Last weekend when we had no power I realized we had lots of cans of food but only an electric can opener. I still haven't gotten one but I am on my way this week to get it as well as my 5 cans of food and a case of water. I would challenge each of you to do the same.

3 comments:

Daniel C. Robinson said...

After you purchase your can opener make sure you know how to use it. I have a machanical one in my swiss army knife and know how to use it, but we also have the kind you need to turn the handle they both work fine.

Judy B said...

Amen Brother , me too !!

vicki gardner said...

I only have the hand held kind, because some of the electrical ones just confuse me and don't work.And I too have water, because I have been a single mom once for 20 years. I had a years supply of food stored up. Then I got divorced, and if it had not been for that, Ryan and I would have had a really hard time. The one good thing was that I didn't have to worry about food to feed my little boy for about a year. Unfortunately, I have not been as diligent as I should have about replenishing it.But I plan to start now. I want to have at least a 72 hours kit ready for both Tom and I.Including a tent. A couple of years ago, Lanice gave all her kids a kit for Christmas. She said she ordered it from Salt Lake. I need to ask her again where she got them.But they are really not that hard to make ourselves. So wanta make a goal and see who can finish it first. I am game if you are.
Love,Vicki