Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Poynters


We are Terry, Sandra, and Jessica Poynter. We are currently living in Cullman, Alabama. Sandra is the 2nd child of Glen and Doris Robinson.

Jessica is in the 8th grade and We hope makes it to the 9th.Sandra works at a local nursing home.


7 comments:

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Love the picture. Must be Jessica in the middle because she LOVES her parents so much or is that you guys escorting her to school.

vicki gardner said...

Hey ya'll,
I like the picture, even tho I do not like cats as a general rule, they are sneaky.
Terry, how goes the weight loss? You should be almost there. I wish you the very best and we are rooting for you.
And lets face it, losing weight around the Robinsons and Curlees is
a very hard thing to do. Since every function they have involves lots of food. By the way, whenever you feel like it, you can make me those strawberry dumplings. It is getting close to Thanksgiving and I have not forgotten how good yours tasted. You might want to do what my sister-in-law did. The day before she had to go in for the surgery, she went out and pigged out on everything she could.She figured since she would not be eating much after the surgery, she would get it all in before. Just keep you blender out on the counter and lots of sugar free jello. But beleive me, you will only want one or two spoonfuls and you really will be full.Hint, you cannot puree homemade dressing and
have it taste good. My sister-in-law tried it, it didn't work. She had her surgery right before Thanksgiving. So if you want to know if something can be blended or pureed, ask me. We tried just about everything when I was taking care of her. Some worked, others, not so much.
Grandma Vicki saying,
You can do it!!!
We all have faith in you.Keep us posted.

vicki gardner said...

p.s.
Delores, are you kidding, Jessica is so pretty that when she can start dating( and I think Sandra and Terry told me age 40)Terry will meet every boy at the door with a shotgun.Of course he could be like momma said her brothers did, ask to inspect their fingernails.
Grandma Vicki

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Okay sorry to double comment but I was showing Mackenize the blog and when she made remarks about each and every family. Her comment to you is worth posting. "Finally a family that I like." Not that she didn't like all the others but she is our animal lover. We at our house love cats and had a cat like Jessica for a long time named Kalinkapalinkabolingo. Melissa was little and picked out the name. We called him Kalinka for short. When we took him to the vet they asked how to spell it and we told them any way they wanted. He was a good cat just like I'm sure Jessica is a good kid. Hey Jessica when are you going to come visit us. Hint Hint

Anonymous said...

I am down to 508. still working at it.

Sandra doesn't like the cats. Jessica and I love them.

I will make a strawberry cobbler just for you vicki!

love all of ya.

Terry

vicki gardner said...

Way to go Terry!!!!!!!!!! And for all of you out there that do not know how hard it is to go thru this surgery, I assure you that it is hard; my sister-in-law had it about 5 years ago, and I went down to help take care of her. Of course she had it around thanksgiving and it was really hard not eat all the food. Like dressing. She tried to puree it, but it was not so good. So Terry, Sandra, and Jesica, we are rooting for you and wish you all the luck in the world. Trust me, Terry will need all of our support to be able to do this, so as a family LET'S DO IT.Any time you need something pureed let me know. Just don't eat ANY sugar, because you will regret it a lot. Lots of sugar free jello and broth and then you will only eat a few teaspoons and you will be full. Come to think about it, maybe I should look into it.Everyone around me is losing weight and I am finding every pound they lose. How is Doris doing.l I hope that she is improving. My heart goes out to her because I know what it is like to live in constant pain.Somedys it is all you can do to put one foot in front of the other. But Doris always has a smile on her face when I see her. I wish I could be that brave. Sorry, but if I hurt, I make sure I can find someone to listen to me complain. I read somewhere that we all have to go thru trials some physical and some mental, and if we have to go thru them then, we should try to do it cheerfully. I think I fall really short in that department. And I am waiting on that strawberry pie. Just a hint, make it before you have surgery, because you will be too tempted to try some of it. Just bring it over and we will pig out together.Becky robinson is suppose to come down in November sometime between the 4 and thanksgiving, so we will just have one big strawberry dumpling party at my house. I don't think she has ever had it.
I got new pictures of Hunter that Daddy took, so you all need to come by and see them. He is a riot.
And the hair is just getting longer and wilder. He will probably have to have to have a haircut before he is 6 months old.
Grandma vicki saying,
talk at you later.

vicki gardner said...

Way to go Terry!!!!!!!!!! And for all of you out there that do not know how hard it is to go thru this surgery, I assure you that it is hard; my sister-in-law had it about 5 years ago, and I went down to help take care of her. Of course she had it around thanksgiving and it was really hard not eat all the food. Like dressing. She tried to puree it, but it was not so good. So Terry, Sandra, and Jesica, we are rooting for you and wish you all the luck in the world. Trust me, Terry will need all of our support to be able to do this, so as a family LET'S DO IT.Any time you need something pureed let me know. Just don't eat ANY sugar, because you will regret it a lot. Lots of sugar free jello and broth and then you will only eat a few teaspoons and you will be full. Come to think about it, maybe I should look into it.Everyone around me is losing weight and I am finding every pound they lose. How is Doris doing.l I hope that she is improving. My heart goes out to her because I know what it is like to live in constant pain.Somedys it is all you can do to put one foot in front of the other. But Doris always has a smile on her face when I see her. I wish I could be that brave. Sorry, but if I hurt, I make sure I can find someone to listen to me complain. I read somewhere that we all have to go thru trials some physical and some mental, and if we have to go thru them then, we should try to do it cheerfully. I think I fall really short in that department. And I am waiting on that strawberry pie. Just a hint, make it before you have surgery, because you will be too tempted to try some of it. Just bring it over and we will pig out together.Becky robinson is suppose to come down in November sometime between the 4 and thanksgiving, so we will just have one big strawberry dumpling party at my house. I don't think she has ever had it.
I got new pictures of Hunter that Daddy took, so you all need to come by and see them. He is a riot.
And the hair is just getting longer and wilder. He will probably have to have to have a haircut before he is 6 months old.
Grandma vicki saying,
talk at you later.