Monday, May 25, 2009

Drydock




Hello everyone,

We are in drydock in Texas City, Tx. While we were out at sea and backing up to a platform, the port shaft snapped in half. We had to head to the shipyard on one screw. It took us 32 hours to come in from sea. The second pic is early in the morning. You can see the lighthouse behind me. The first is of me standing underneath the boat after they pulled the shaft and screw. I think it will be thursday or Friday before we get out of here. They are building new shafts in New Orleans. It has been real busy here the last few days. It has also been very hot. Of course, the time I decide to go fishing, all this happens. We couldnt even throw anchors and get set up for diving. So, no fish to bring home this time. :(
I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend. I also have to go to school next week. It is in St. Petersburgh, Florida. I know, what better place to go right? Except it is a safety course. It covers first aid, CPR, water survival and the dreaded fire fighting. Yes, we have to wear the full firemans suit and go into a moch boat that is on fire and put it out. I cant wait because I know it will be nice and hot in St. Pete. Anyone want to go in my place lol.
Take care everyone and I will keep everyone posted. Kevin-

2 comments:

Daniel C. Robinson said...

Hey Kevin, I must say Im a little jelious of your job, I envy you working on the water. I can picture in about 30 years with a beard down to your bell button and a pipe hanging off you lip. keep posting the cool pics.
Love Dan

Robinson Reports said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. We do like seeing how life is on the sea.