Monday, May 4, 2009

Decorations at the Robinsons

I just wanted to tell everyone what a fun time I had at Gloyd's this past weekend.
It was decoration day and as usual, moma and her brothers all got together to be with each other and celebrate the lives of our relatives that have been called back home. Becky Robinson, Carl's oldest daughter has been here for about a month now and so has her daughter Amanda. Amanda has 2 kids, Deven and Maize,(don't know if that is spelled right) but they are so cute. Her little girl is a doll.
Since Becky has been here she has been taking really good care of Gloyd. And I just want her to know how much we appreciate her. It makes sleeping at nite a whole lot easier when I know that Gloyd is not alone at night and if something should happen, then someone is there. Plus, Becky is a fantastic cook and I think he has even put on weight. She is always cooking when ever I talk to her.
She cooked the meal Sat. She made a ham that was out of this world. It was the best ham I had had in a long time. And she even knew how to make the gravy to pour over the ham, just like Irene and my mom have done. I couldn't wait, I admit that I kept getting pieces of that ham and dunking it into the gravy even as she made it. I did not know she could cook so good. Irene would be proud of her. My mom brought the fried pies. Apple this year. She brought a whole bunch of them, and I started eating on them the minute that they hit the table. I am not a pig folks, it is just that I miss my mom and Irene's cooking, and momma makes really good fried pies.
However, I need to warn all you folks out there,, DO NOT let Becky hold your food for you while you do something else. I asked her to hold my fried pie while I put something in my car, and I turned around to get it and she had already eaten it and was eating hers too.Also, never, ever fall asleep if she is around. You will probably wake up with make up on your face that you did not have on when you fell asleep. I know, she got me two years ago.
Michelle Robinson made the corn and green beans and me, Linda and Becky made the mashed potatoes. Linda and I peeled and Becky cut them up and then made them into some really good potatoes. We used a whole 10lb. bag and every bit of them got eaten. I made rolls, but burnt a few, but as the story goes in the Robinson family "that's just the way I like them." Then I almost burnt up mommas bread. So now you know why I don't cook. I usually burn at least one thing. A lot of people brought dishes to eat, and believe me, they got eaten. Tom had to work and I told him that i would try to bring him home a plate. But there was nothing left. So next time, Tom, if you want to eat, you better help with the food and you better be there.
It was so nice to see my mom and her brothers all together. My mom is the only girl left in the family and like Carl once said, she is well loved. I just want the rest of them to know that they too are well loved.
It was so much fun to be with Becky and the rest of the crew, including my son Scott and his wife Kris. Becky and I always have a good time when we get together. Two years ago we went to momma's for the fourth of July and after everyone went to bed, she and I stayed up and watched tv and ate ice cream sandwiches. The only problem was that the next morning, some of the little kids got up and wanted an ice cream sandwich, and Becky and I had ate them all!! Now when ever I see ice cream sandwiches, I think of that nite. See, I told you, don't trust me or Becky around food.
And since it is Becky's birthday Wed the 6th, I just want to wish her a very Happy Birthday. And to tell her thank you and she can come and cook for me anytime. I will help I promise.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY
Grandma Vicki saying,
I love you all

3 comments:

Judy B said...

Wish i was there. Sounds like you's had a good time!!and the whole Robinson family has at least one good cook in the indiviual families! and we are lucky we have a couple o
in ours. and iam not one of them either!!! lol

vicki gardner said...

We did have a good time. Even if things got a little confusing at times. Becky really is a good cook and I can cook too, just not like momma, Lanice,Irene,Beth.No one has died from my cooking yet, so I guess it is alright. But Ican NOT make gravy. Gloyd tried to show me one day how to make red eye gravy. It really is simple, but I can not make it to save my life. He also makes the best pancakes. I used to make him meals, but it has been hard for me to do that this year. And I know he appreciates it, just do NOT put any onions in it or on it. I made some chili for him someday. I used the seasoning packet, But he called me the next day and said, please don't make him any more chili. I think the seasoning had onions, he read the back of the package and he actually tasted the onions. I did not even know that it had onions in it.And I told him that if he wanted mush,then he had to make it, because I couldn't. Gloyd is actually a good cook too.
Like I said,why cook, when there will be someone that can REALLY cook and I can't compete. So I just enjoy itl Next time someone comes down, you need to come with them. I bet with me,you and becky there, I could have a lot of fun.And proably get into a little bit of trouble. I am sure that it would be harmless fun.
Grandma Vicki

Daniel C. Robinson said...

Im sorry I missed you Vicky, I wasnt there until sunday but the food and family was just as good but we missed you